Dates for 2015 will be posted here as they become available.
Roanoke Island campus of the College of the Albemarle in Manteo, NC
- Electronic/Video Auditions are now being accepted! If you are unable to attend one of The Lost Colony’s scheduled auditions posted on the website an electronic or video submission will be accepted for review. Acceptable formats include DVD and web hosted videos such as “YouTube” or personal websites. This audition should be submitted by email beginning January 1, 2015. Deadline for video audition submissions is March 15, 2015. An in-person meeting/audition may be required before final casting decision can be made. Video submissions should include a classical monologue, a contemporary monologue, and at least 16-bars of a traditional musical theatre song, preferably a ballad. Dancers may submit a separate video dance audition. Don’t forget to send a current headshot and resume with your submission! Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: 2015 Audition
- Production Staff Submissions If you are a stage manager, artisan, or technician you may submit your resume along with a cover letter expressing the position that you would like to hold within our company. Provide references and photos of your work. Attachments should be limited to a total of 9KB in size. The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2015. Send your submission to email@example.com, Subject: 2014 Application Location:
- Roanoke Island campus of The College of The Albemarle
- 8:40am Registration opens in the lobby of the auditorium.
- 9:00am Children Auditions
- 10:30am Dance Auditions
- 1:00pm – 4:30pm Acting/Singing Auditions
- This is an open audition. No pre-registration is required. Performers will be seen within their block in the order of arrival/registration.
*NOTE: We will not be interviewing for technicians at this audition. We will be accepting technical resumes if you have one. Please see additional information about how to apply for a tech position above.
What to Expect:
Registration You will be asked to complete a registration form that will be attached to your headshot and resume. At this time you will be given an audition number. We will collect your registration paperwork from you prior to your audition. Please hang on to it. There will be volunteers available to assist you if you have any questions.
Children should bring a current photo of themselves and a resume or list of performance experience. Professional headshots/resumes are not required. Children will be auditioning on stage for the director and a small group of adults. Children will be on stage and audition with other children on stage. We will ask the children to introduce themselves. Name, age, and the school they attend will be fine. Children should also prepare an audition. It can be a nursery rhyme, poem, or a monologue. This audition is for anyone under the age of 18.
Dancers should bring soft soled dance shoes and dancewear for the dance audition. Be prepared to dance at 10:30am. There will be space for warming up.
Lunch is on your own. There are many terrific places to eat on Roanoke Island!
Actors/Singers will be seen after the lunch break. Auditionees will be seen in groups of five. Announcements will be made in the lobby of the auditorium.
An accompanist will be provided. If you are singing, please prepare your music by clearly marking your starting point and ending point. Please include any cue lines if necessary or tempo desired. You will only have a brief moment with the accompanist before you audition.
What to do after you audition… Please wait 30 minutes after you have been seen before you leave. Please check out at the registration table returning your audition number as you leave.
What to Perform:
Children should be prepared to introduce themselves. Name, age, and the school they attend will be fine. Children should also prepare a brief audition. It can be a nursery rhyme, poem, or a monologue.
Actors/Singers should prepare a classical monologue and 16 bars of a traditional ballad. Singing is not required to audition for us. You may be asked to perform a second monologue or read from the script.