The Lost Colony endures, thanks to over four million people who have seen the show since 1937 and participated in the re-enactment of this inspiring part of American history. Revenue from ticket sales covers fifty percent of the cost of production. Today, with the support of you and other generous donors, the show goes on!
Your support affects every aspect of The Lost Colony experience, from behind-the-scenes to front row center. Your contributions enable us to create an unparalleled artistic work in the world of outdoor drama and provide valuable educational programming to the community. In the coming season, we hope to keep you excited about the work we do with events and activities that give you an ‘insiders look’ at costumes, set designs, and the artistic staff.
We appreciate your support in any amount. Memberships begin at $75.
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS $75-$499
- Discount tickets to the 2013 season of The Lost Colony
- Recognition in the souvenir program
- Advance e-mail notification of special events throughout the year
- Subscription to quarterly e-newsletter
- Donor recognition on website
- Annual Membership in Roanoke Island Historical Association
SILVER CIRCLE OF FRIENDS $500-$999
- All of the above benefits
- Special guided backstage tour prior to dress rehearsal
- Complimentary souvenir program
GOLD CIRCLE OF FRIENDS $1,000-$2499
- All of the above benefits
- Pre-performance backstage tours throughout the 2013 season of The Lost Colony for you and your guests
- Invitation to donor appreciation reception
PATRON SOCIETY $2,500-$4999
The Patron Society of The Lost Colony is a group of special donors who have made generous contributions in support of the production’s current season. Members may opt to sponsor a character, current cast member, or honor a family member or friend formerly associated with the production. As patrons, you become an esteemed member of the Roanoke Island Historical Association and are entitled to all of its privileges as well as special recognition.
- Honor an individual in the souvenir program with a special tribute
- Underwrite a specific role during the 2013 season
- Endow a seat at the Waterside Theatre
- In addition you will have access to a special concierge service to arrange tickets for you and your guests as well as intermission snacks and beverages
BENEFACTOR’S CIRCLE $5,000 & Up
The Lost Colony is grateful to the generous individuals and companies who become invested in the future of our organization through their supportive partnership. In addition to the above benefits, a special package will be designed to meet your individual requests.
Call Nancy Figiel at 252-473-2127 or email her at email@example.com for more information! To donate now, click on the link above, or download the form directly below if you prefer to mail a check.
The CrowdRise community was named a “Top 25 Best Global Philanthropist” by Barron’s. We beat Oprah. And, Mashable named CrowdRise something like “the best place to raise money online for your favorite causes.” CrowdRise is one of the fastest growing online fundraising websites. CrowdRise is a unique blend of crowdfunding, social networking, contests, and other nice stuff.
The original economic engine on the Outer Banks in 1937, The Lost Colony gave value-added benefits to visitors coming for the beach experience. Now, 76 years later, stronger than ever, we have grown to become an important arts, cultural, and historical destination for visitors and locals alike. 2013 will be an exciting year, with a new director and a new CEO! Corporate sponsorship is a meaningful partnership with both tangible and intangible rewards:
- Enhanced public profile
- Inclusion in extensive 76th anniversary advertising campaign
- Logo recognition in various print and on-line media
- Numerous opportunities to showcase products and services
- Access to broader audiences
- Promotes wholesome, educational, historical family entertainment
- Builds community relations and goodwill
- Fosters community pride in another Outer Banks original
- Provides for development of local and visiting children through children’s camp and children’s theatre
- Cultivates the growth of young professionals in the Arts
Lost Colony Hospitality
- Complimentary tickets to The Lost Colony production
- Discount coupons for tickets for your customers
- Invitations to exclusive events and parties with patrons and artists
- Opportunity to host a corporate event at Waterside Theatre or in The Soundstage
- Reserved parking while attending performances
- Exclusive personal concierge to take care of your special guests at performances
- Private corporate tours for you and your guests
The Lost Colony is essential to North Carolina’s quality of life. In challenging times, the arts provide opportunities for individuals, families and communities to come together, to share in an experience, and to discuss issues thoughtfully. The Lost Colony in particular offers world-class theater, a spectacular gathering place, and a wellspring of vitality on the Outer Banks.
Contributions from businesses of all sizes help The Lost Colony to serve the state. Your support makes it possible for students from across the region to see exceptional live theater. You enable patrons with disabilities to enjoy the show in comfort. You sustain a vibrant tourist destination and community gathering place.
We are grateful for the generous support of the companies listed here during the 2013 season.
- Ace Hardware
- Affordable Optical
- Atlantic Realty
- Basnight’s Lone Cedar
- Dominion Power
- Dunes Restaurant
- Duplin Winery
- Grits Grill
- Island Pharmacy
- Joe Lamb Jr. Realty
- Kimberly Carroll StateFarm Insurance
- Metro Rental
- Midgett Insurance Agency
- Murray Auto Supply/ NAPA
- One Boat- Your Guide To The Outer Banks
- Pepsi Bottling Ventures
- Pirate’s Cove Marina and Ship’s Store
- Pizza Hut
- PNC Bank
- Shoshin Technologies
- Sun Realty
- Towne Bank of Currituck
- Twiddy & Co.
- Vantage South Bank
- Village Realty
- Wall Einhorn Chernitzer P.C.
- Wells Fargo
We also thank the following foundations for their generous support:
An engraved plaque with a personalized inscription will be affixed to the seat of your choice. To learn more about our seat endowment program, Call Nancy Figiel at 252-473-2127 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Miller
- John Underwood
- Robert Midgette
- Jimmy Lee Brooks III
- Christopher Kiley
- Townsend Pass
Call Nancy Figiel at 252-473-2127 or email her at email@example.com for more information or to make a donation to the Bob Knowles Fund.
About Bob Knowles
During his 43 years in the theater, he directed more than 200 different shows and held every office in the Southeastern Theatre Conference, including president. Born in Fort Pierce, where he decided at age 15 to become an actor, Mr. Knowles began his career with the Army, touring with the Army show, The Hellcat Review, as its technical director from 1943 to 1946. He often escorted famous entertainers including Marlene Dietrich, Jack Benny and Zero Mostel. After his Army service, he earned his bachelor of arts degree in drama at Stetson University and his master of arts degree in theater production at the University of Florida. While at Stetson, he appeared in 25 productions as an actor plus worked as technical director for many shows. He also appeared in summer stock productions. For two summers he worked with the Monticello Summer Theatre at Kiamesha Lake in New York. In 1950-51, he was an instructor of communications at UF and was director of the Gainesville Little Theatre. He moved to Auburn University in 1951 as an associate professor and acting chair of the drama department, where during the next 16 years he directed more than 60 productions. He was named director of the Little Theatre of Jacksonville in August 1967. While in Jacksonville, Mr. Knowles spent 12 summers as production coordinator of The Lost Colony. In 1980, he become the full-time general manager and producer of The Lost Colony where he remained until he retired in 1993. Mr. Knowles passed away in 2010.
When you include The Lost Colony in your will or other instrument of planned giving, your kindness will continue to live beyond your finite existence. Legacy gifts take many forms including:
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Retained life estate
- Retirement plan assets
- Life insurance
- Charitable gift annuities
Many of these methods of giving provide you and your heirs the benefit of lower income and estate taxes. Please talk to your attorney to see what will work best for you.
Schedule an appointment to chat with us about including The Lost Colony in your legacy planning. Call Bill Coleman at 252-473-2127 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The great use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it.
~ William James
In Kind Donations are an invaluable part of the giving that makes The Lost Colony go year after year. From archival items to automobiles, giving items is not only a great way to support us, but could help you clear out your basement or garage and provide you a nice tax write off too! We’ll keep this list updated as needs arise, but if you have something not on the list that you think we can use…give us a call!
- Tools in good working condition. We ALWAYS need tools!
- Old Lost Colony memorabilia
- Local hotel room vouchers and rental cottages for visiting artists and guests
Volunteers are the life blood of The Lost Colony. Like all non-profit theatres, we depend on the hundreds of dedicated volunteers who give thousands of hours each year doing all kinds of tasks all with the goal of presenting the most memorable production of The Lost Colony ever. The first board of directors volunteered in 1936 to found the Roanoke Island Historical Association and they’re dedication and service lives on today through the residents of Dare County and surrounding areas who help in the following areas:
- Costume Shop
- Office Work
- Board of Directors
- Gala Committee
Your talents are as valuable to us as cash donations and we’d very much appreciate hearing from you about what we could accomplish together. Call us at 252-473-2127 to schedule a time to meet with us!