Virginia Dare Faire and Virginia Dare Baby Night
Celebrate the 430th birthday of Virginia Dare on Friday, August 18th, with events all day at Ft. Raleigh National Park! Virginia Dare Faire will be held outside of the Lost Colony Administration Building from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event is offered in partnership with the National Park Service and the Roanoke Island Historical Association.
Activities for Virginia Dare Faire are free of charge and open to children of all ages.
- Create coil pots from clay, learn net weaving and shoot bow and arrows with The Lost Colony actors portraying Native American Indians.
- Be entertained by The Lost Colony choir and watch street dancing and fight demos performed by cast members in costume.
- Take your photo with Queen Elizabeth, Ananias and Eleanor Dare and other cast members.
- Other fun activities include balloon animals, coloring, face painting, hula hoop, sack races, and other games.
- Celebrate Virginia Dare’s birth with free birthday cake and ice cream at 12:30 p.m.!
The Celebration of Virginia Dare’s birthday continues that night at The Lost Colony performance!
Virginia Dare Night at The Lost Colony is one of the most beloved performances of the year. Each year five babies audition to participate in scenes of the performance. Many Dare County families boast generations of Virginia Dare babies! Virginia Dare Night is sponsored by Yadkin Bank.
Auditions for Virginia Dare Night babies is to be held on Saturday, July 22. Auditions are open to all girl and boy infants (12 months or less). Call 252-473-2127 for more information.
Virginia Dare Faire & Virginia Dare Baby Night is sponsored by